Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Seminar Series: Corporeality

Dear Readers,
  This week is a special edition of my Sunday Seminar Series relating to my recent adventure in corporeality.  If you recall, an attack by the Puppeteers left the University with a new technology that could allow direct transmission of matter to a time-normal location.  We were all pretty impressed by that.

  Therefore, I hatched a plan to make a time-normal appearance in Brooklyn, New York.  It is rather unusual, to be able to say I was with you all last night.  I am so rarely contemporaneous with my readers!  It is very exciting.




  The venue that I chose is called the Lost Horizon Night Market, and this secretly located traveling bazaar contains all manner of wonders in a uniquely mobile format.  It is a place where the most unusual city-dwellers find expression, and I am happy to have been there.

  I have to comment on the experience of traveling in the fashion that I used last night.  I'm sure it will be no strange story for the likes of my new acquaintance Dr. Wendell Howe, but for me the use of a physical appearance is a strange feat indeed.

  I brought everything that I thought I might need: camera, University dress, a device to link me with Twitter throughout, a pill to acclimate me to the normal flow of time, and an open mind.  Oh, and olives.  I cannot do without olives from the University's groves.  There is nothing like them, in this world or any other.

  I managed to take the pill before the nausea set in.  This is key.  When your body is not used to the normal flow of time, it can be very jarring for it to revert to time normality.  The olives helped, also.  I was pleased to discover that they maintained their flavor through the transmission.  Actually, I was generally pleased that the very act of stepping through the machine did not kill me.  Today, I tell you, my students: This is possible!  We embark on a new journey for Anachronists.

   The wonders I saw last night will feature in a new work of mine, but I believe I shall save that for a reputable journal rather than this collection of my work notes that I call a blog.  The market's organizers pride themselves on their secrecy, and I do not want to be the one to break it.  What I really want to impress on you is that this new technology is going to change our field.  We can now visit the possible time streams, albeit at a huge expense of resources.  As the first pioneer of this technology, I am excited to report that it works, is safe, and can bring back the most exciting data I have ever seen.

  Always,

  Dr. John Skylar
  Chairman
  Department of Anachronism
  University of Constantinople
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment