Sunday, July 26, 2009

On Academic Presses

Dear Readers,

No doubt some of you are convinced I am fictional, given my references to unknown times and places, and my cheerful comfort with the idea of divergent time and a University that for your intents and purposes lost all importance between the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries.

Of course, this is not true. It is difficult to say I am a "real" person, given the manner by which I and my fellow faculty were conducted to the University of Constantinople, but it is easy to say that I am in fact real.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to convince peer-reviewed presses of the truth in my research. Recently, a fine fellow I found over on twitter (unmodern) posted an excellent list of time-normal contemp academic presses with twitter accounts. Perhaps I can use this strategy to ingratiate the Department's publications upon them. Or, of course, there is always the option of publishing my work in your time as if it were fictional. In that case, time would vindicate the truth of our augury.

Always,

Dr. John Skylar
Chairman
Department of Anachronism
University of Constantinople

No comments:

Post a Comment