Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Muse: Omentown Ballad

This is the coast of Maine, somewhere around t...Image via Wikipedia
Dear Readers,

  My work lately focuses on Port End, Maine, a town that I talked about a little bit in my last "Day in the Life" post.  The end of that story will get posted in the middle of this week, but for today I wanted to relate something of a "country" song about this "Omentown."

  I think what is really important about this particular case in anachronism is that the omens in Port End arise from strange abnormalities in the same physical laws that give rise to Augury and my work here at the University.  If the laws exist, then there are time streams where they behave a little funny.  Omentown is from one of those time streams.

Always,

Dr. John Skylar
Chairman
Department of Anachronism
University of Constantinople

Wan'drin' out by the bay
With my back to the sea 
I saw Old Man Osprey
And he asked me to tea


It's not strange where I'm from
It's just life and it's sane
Where you know what's to come
Right here in Port End, Maine


Other day saw me a bear
And I knew right away
That from out of nowhere
I'd find luck, clear as day



It's not bad nor first rate; 
It's just part of the deal
Where the world shows our fate
In Maine, where omens turn real




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment